Saturday, January 10, 2009

Don't Worry... from Belith

For the past months, global economic crisis had been affecting all sorts of livelihood, from small scale up to the biggest one. Some had been laid off from their jobs & some businesses were losing profits and likely close or shut down their means of income. People and companies now tend to make all the necessary cost cutting measures to relieve from this crisis.

Lately, I’ve been thinking about my work status here abroad. Am I still secured? I’m not sure if after or even before my contract expires, our company will have to take actions like reduce their manpower. Though before, our manager assures us that even this crisis has a massive impact in Korea’s economy and in almost major Korean companies, we will not be or we (foreign employees) are not affected so no need for us to worry. But still I don’t want to pretend or think that we’re ok and secured. I still put myself in the hot seat, I mean nobody’s safe.

Worry… worry…worry…hay… (sigh)

Belith told me not to worry too much. Pero syempre hindi assurance what our manager told us not to worry. Then this morning Belith sent me these verses from the bible and I want to share it with you.

Luke 12:22~

[22] Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.
[23] Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.
[24] Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!
[25] Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
[26] Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
[27] "Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
[28] If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith!
[29] And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it.
[30] For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them.
[31] But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment